Thursday, June 26, 2008

A letter from Chicago Mayor Hon. Richard M. Daley

Yesterday I received a surprise letter by mail: my photo with Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley... autographed with best wishes! It is really a great feeling to be called "Honorable Tatiana Sorokina" and get a recognition of all my efforts!

The photo has an interesting story: end of May I was lucky to be invited to the Asian-American Leaders Reception hosted my the Mayor. He gave a passionated speech about how Chicago is the best city for immigrants. The Mayor was very excited that Chicago has always been a very welcoming city for immigrants and he seemed to be very proud that, according to him, in early 1930s "no one in Chicago spoke English!" Well, at least that's what he believes in. It felt like the Mayor is really doing his best to create a good atmosphere for all newcomers.

At the end of the reception I got second time lucky as I was offered to be photographed with the Mayor to commemorate the occasion. I new I would get the photo from the press office but I didn't hope to get it autographed in such a nice way!

I guess the Mayor really enjoyed and appreciated my book, "The Legal Alien's Guide", which I presented to him. In a letter I received earlier he wrote that it was "very thoughtful of me" to create such a Guide and present it to him. On my side, I really appreciate that Chicago Mayor appreciates what I am doing for Chicago and its residents.

You can see the infamous photo on my website http://www.legalaliensguide.com/ (where else would it be? :-)

*******************************
Most helpful Chicago guide
http://www.legalaliensguide.com

No comments:

Culture Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Add to Technorati Favorites