Thursday, February 7, 2008

Business cards for networking

I learnt one very important thing from my networking experience - always have your business cards with you. Even if you are a job seeker, especially if you are a job seeker. Resumes are good for formal networking when there is time and place to pass them around but even then I personally tend to loose resumes because there is no place for them on my desk in my office. But I never through away a business card because I have a business cards file.

Business cards are also vital for informal networking events. It is not appropriate and convenient to give people your resume. It's an open event where people move freely around the room and no one really wants to walk around with a bunch of papers in their hands (this is especially true for the receipient of your resume) Business cards, on the other hand, are easy to handle and can be placed in one's purse or pocket.

So bottom line is HAVE YOUR BUSINESS CARDS READY! Idealy your business card should have a website address where people can see your resume after the event.

I found the easiest way to creat your business cards through Vistaprint. They already have dozens of designs (but you can upload yours too), the quality of the cards are really great and the price is fantastic: I never paid more than 19.90 for 250 business cards including tax, handling and postage and I use their PREMIUM service, i.e. the most expensive there is. For regular business cards you will pay between 10 and 15 USD for 250. If you are lucky and they have a promotion you can get your cards printed FREE and only pay for shipping & handling.

Vistaprint is also great for small businesses: their postcards, brochures and other marketing materials are excelent and you cannot beat their price (I tried to shop around!) If you use Vistaprint you don't need a designer or a printing company. I usually pay just 25 USD for 100 premium postcards!

I have been their customer for more than 2 years and I was ALWAYS satisfied. Here is the link to their webiste http://www.vistaprint.com/frf?frf=535620077025 which I got as their member and when you use it you will get 25% off your order.

*******************************
Most helpful Chicago guide
http://www.legalaliensguide.com

No comments:

Culture Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Add to Technorati Favorites