Wednesday, January 3, 2007

About my Book

So you have decided to relocate to USA... You may come here for a couple of years to work or study or relocate permanently but in any case the first thing you will do is go to the book store and look for information about the country. That's what I did in 2005 when I got married and made a decision to move to Chicago where my husband worked.

The only guides about USA I found were tourist guides talking about how to have fun in this country for a couple of weeks. There were also a couple of books about history and traditions. But I needed to rebuild my entire life in a new place. There was no one and nothing to help me.

Well, you might argue: there is Internet! Yes, there is, but first of all, you need to know where to look for information and even if you know that you are overloaded with tons of data your brain cannot possibly deal with. It took me more than a year to perform my research, analyze and filter the data, check out various resources so that YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

Now all the important data is collected and sorted out in an easy to use "Legal Alien's Guide. Chicago. IL. USA". All the information is classified by categories: resources for various minorities, age groups, nationalities and purposes (job search, business start-up, social, etc.) Each organization/network/resource comes with my feedback: what it is good for, its adavtages, structure and extras.

The great thing about this Guide is that it is usable not only for people who relocate to Chicago. I use Chicago as an example but 2/3 of organizations I describe are present nationwide and you can find their chapters anywhere in USA.

Furthermore, this Guide will be extremely useful to Americans too. If you lived all your life, say, in Denver or NY you will be as much lost in Chicago as a legal alien. You will definitely need the help of the local resources that I provide in my book. Moreover, I have a colleague who relocated from Chicago suburbs to Chicago itself and was shocked to find out that life in Chicago is VERY different form the suburbs and she felt lonely and lost for several month while she was struggling to find her place in the city and rebuild her network.

I hope my book will be a great help to all of you stuggling to find your place under the sun in USA. I suffered my deal to make a transition easier for you.

The Guide is coming out in Spring 2007 and I will be posting up-dates on where and when you will be able to get it.

*******************************
Most helpful Chicago guide
http://www.legalaliensguide.com

No comments:

Culture Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Add to Technorati Favorites